- The Wall (2013) – A forum wall used for fun to start conversations amongst friends. HTML CSS, jQuery, PHP, MySQL
Languages and Technologies
- Create mockups and slice PSD’s to build web pages, web features, and email communications
- Cross-browser functionality
- Relational Database construction
- Provide clear communication amongst technical and non-technical team members and departments
- Train staff using clear and concise instruction with verbal communication and user manuals
- Troubleshoot and identify problems, and provide solutions
- Can manage multiple projects and complete tasks in a timely manner
E-Communications Manger – University of California, Berkeley April 2015 – Present
Coded and implemented a new responsive email design for the Berkeley Online electronic newsletter. I am currently developing a new way to look at the analytics for the Berkeley Online electronic newsletter that allows for multi tier reporting from detailed information to high level depending on the audience.
- Responsible for managing e-mail marketing
- Conduct end user training, defining and enforcing proper use, creating and distributing documentation
- Creating responsive e-mail templates that work across multiple email client
- Send out and manage electronic newsletters including the monthly Berkeley Online to 370,000
- Help to ensure data integrity against the Cal Advancement Data System (CADS)
- Trouble-shoot end user support issues, submitting bug reports/trouble tickets, and managing companion applications such as data import utilities that support e-solicitations
Other responsibilities include producing reports, analyzing metrics, segmenting data, and providing recommendations based on information gathered. I’m also responsible for producing communications or instruction using the web, audio, video, and other electronic media in addition to production of HTML templates and e-mail templates.
Marketing & Web Services Associate (temp) – Stanford University February 2015 – April 2015
- Create, manage and maintain the Hoover Daily Report online publication that is distributed each morning via email
- Maintain all Hoover fellow bio web pages by updating with new content: books, awards, new photos, etc.
- Review Hoover web page content to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date; check dead links, verify style consistency across pages on the site
- Help maintain the integrity of the web site by ensuring that data is current and that links, forms, and feedback mechanisms are operational
- Serve as in-house photographer for bio pictures and events and manage the archive of Hoover photos
Food Management System Coordinator (temp) – Stanford University April 2014 – January 2015
Currently working on an online ordering program that potentially will be used internally by the dining halls and the central kitchen.
Established a process to improve efficiency with processing invoices and receiving orders. Made the overall job more efficient by being organized and task oriented.
- Process and organize orders for the finance office
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Use Microsoft Office software to create reports
- Input new recipes into the Food Management System
- Support chefs and cooks on the business side on a daily basis
Web Developer – Humane Society Silicon Valley March 2012 – September 2013
Designed and implemented a cleaner, simpler web design for the web site utilizing jQuery. Managed contract employees for several projects.
- Design, implement, and manage multiple web sites
- Monitor, improve, maintain and update existing web servers and web sites
- Design and develop campaign sites to support business goals
- Communicate technical concepts to numerous stakeholders
- Monitor and evaluate web analytics, recommend optimization tactics accordingly
- Content creation and Management, to include responsibility for all website product content
Online Marketing Manager – Humane Society Silicon Valley November 2010 – March 2012
Increased the social media subscribers substantially by consistently engaging constituents with meaningful content. Elevated growth of engaged users over all channels by developing relevant content for platforms including social media, web site, and e-newsletters. Mapped out and implemented an online registration process for students attending the educational summer camp, which increased signups online and decreased the workload on the education department significantly.
- Responsible for overseeing the design, implementation, and management of the web site
- Used analytics to develop benchmarks and determine effectiveness of design and content
- Managed social media content and strategy (including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter)
- Community manager for entire social media footprint
- Designed and executed eCRM campaigns to over 30,000 constituents
Supervisor of Marketing Programs – Humane Society Silicon Valley November 2009 – November 2010
- Created and managed web content for the company’s web site
- Led cross-functional teams in design thinking sessions to create effective content
- Managed the photography program to assist with asset development for online presence
- Assisted Events Manager to create fundraising videos and plan A/V and lighting at the annual fundraiser gala that raised over $400K+
Marketing Specialist – Humane Society Silicon Valley May 2006 – November 2009
Designed and implemented eCRM campaigns. Grew the email distribution list exponentially. Led the planning and execution for launching a social media presence for the organization on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Established social media portfolio for the organization on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Executed the day-to-day delivery of email marketing campaigns and e-newsletters
- Ensured all creative marketing materials underwent brand review and adhered to brand guidelines
- Collaborated with other departments to create brand awareness for programs and events
Customer Care Associate – Humane Society Silicon Valley October 2005 – May 2006
Designed an informational CD “How to care for pets”, which was to be distributed to all animal adopters.
- Extensive one-on-one interactions with the public
- Established relationships with individuals to determine their needs as related to adoption of animals
Computer Repair Technician Kontron AmericaAugust 2001 to May 2003
- Repaired “ruggedized” computer systems by conducting failure analysis and troubleshooting
- Worked with the engineering and production teams to solve issues related to computer hardware
- Provided effective customer service to clients including government officials and educators
- Participated in cross-functional team projects to diversify knowledge and skills
Coding Dojo Mountain View, California 2014
Accelerated program for Full-Stack web development
Mission College Santa Clara, California 2012
Honors: Dean’s List
Heald College Hayward, California 2001
Associates Degree in Computer Science
Puppy Raiser Canine Companions for Independence – Current
Provide a safe environment for puppies.Help with obedience training and get puppies ready to help people in need of a service dog.
Web Site Design / Event help / Foster care – The Rabbit Haven – 2004 to Current
Redesigned the web site to have a more modern look and feel. Made it easier for constituents to find the information they look for daily on their site. I also help setup and break-down their annual fundraising event. I foster rabbits to help them find a permanent home.
Last updated: 8/2015